Found 1 Results for Selected Options
Sheree Martin Law is a 21st century law firm in Alabama providing legal and strategic communication services to clients pursuing a vision for a better world. I am admitted to practice law in Alabama.My law practice is designed to offer a thematic approach to legal services in three areas:
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Sustainability, Conservation and Agriculture
- Communication, Media and Advertising.
I also offer strategic communication services to clients who need assistance with public relations, issues management, public advocacy and content creation for inbound marketing.
I like to start with focusing on the types of clients I serve: Visionary leaders and innovators pursuing ideas that matter through entrepreneurship, health services, food, sustainable farming and livestock production, conservation and resource stewardship.
Practice Areas include:
- BUSINESS MATTERS: Entity formation, contracts and related legal guidance on business succession planning, shareholder/member agreements restricting transfer, business transactions contract review, drafting and negotiation; due diligence and compliance reviews; employment agreements for physicians and other professional services providers; copyrights, trademarks and other business intellectual property (excluding patents); health law and policy.
- MEDIA/COMMUNICATION: 1st Amendment Freedom of Speech/Press; Rights of Publicity; Advertising; FOIA; communication in the social media era; copyrights and trademarks.
- CONSERVATION/SUSTAINABILITY/ENVIRONMENTAL: Conservation Easements; Guidance in matters related to sustainable food and farming, local and regional food policy, clean energy technology; and environmental compliance in Alabama.
- STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION: Public relations, issues management, public advocacy campaigns, and content strategy and creation for inbound marketing (emphasis on digital channels).
I have 12+ years experience as a practicing lawyer, focusing on business issues. business transactions and estate planning. I also have an extensive portfolio of work in strategic communications writing and consulting, freelance journalism, and digital media (broadly defined) and 10+ years as a full-time college professor teaching a wide range of courses in media law, public relations, content marketing/social media marketing, and related subjects.
Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct require the following: “No representation is made that the quality of services to be performed is greater than the quality of services performed by other lawyers.”
I believe that entrepreneurship and sustainable, local-oriented food economy can revitalize rural economic development. I also believe that many (if not the majority) of the chronic health problems wreaking havoc on our healthcare system can be resolved or minimized through healthy real food and a reasonable amount of physical activity on a regular basis.
I believe that entrepreneurship and empowered individuals can bring about change.
I’m an avid podcaster and host and produce 4 podcasts:
- Ignite Alabama
- Birmingham Shines
- Discover Grow Shinecast
- Shine Springs Farm Shinecast
I am a beekeeper--since 2013.
Volunteer work includes an active organizing/leadership role in the informal coalition of concerned citizens who have been working to stop/prevent tar sands and related surface mining in northwest Alabama (Stop Alabama Tar Sands Mining / Save Our Shoals). I also served on the board of directors of the Alabama Rivers Alliance from 2010-2013.
I’m also an outdoors enthusiast, hiker, runner and gardener. I have dabbled in small scale sustainable farming and I’d like to do it on a larger scale, but that’s not a viable option for me at this time.
Degrees & Certificates:
- Certificate in Sustainable Food Systems Leadership from the University of Vermont Continuing Education
- Ph.D., Mass Communications from The University of Alabama
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- J.D., University of Alabama
- B.A., University of Alabama