Going Green . . .A Blessing Out of a Crisis
Eighteen years ago, we were organizing under our kitchen sink. We had been so careful, using all the special kid safety locks to keep our toddler away from hazardous cleaning products. In our distraction of reorganizing, our little Danielle picked up a toxic bathroom spray and sprayed it right in her eyes.
With my husband on the phone with poison control, and me holding our screaming, kicking daughter under running water, we counted the five agonizing minutes that seemed like eternity. Thank God she didn’t go blind. That was a tipping point for us, and the end of our use of hazardous cleaning products.